Reusable shopping bags are still the way to go, don’t get me wrong. But before you buy your next bag, consider the following:
- Is the bag made from recycled materials or a sustainable resource like hemp or bamboo?
- Is the bag handmade, made locally, or at least in the USA?
- Is the bag durable and going to last?
SIX PACK Paper or Plastic No Thank You from: ZJayne
Here you have 2 great choices of true Eco-friendly shopping bags offered online on Eco Etsy team members shops! There are countless others you can find just by searching for Eco friendly shopping bags.
- The U.S. goes through 100 billion plastic shopping bags annually and that it takes about 12 million barrels of to make them?
- Single-use plastic shopping bags last up to 1,000 years?
- A high-quality reusable bag could eliminate up to 1,000 plastic bags over its lifetime?
For more information on reusable shopping bags, shopping bag facts, and ways to take action visit ReusableShoppingBags.com at: http://www.reusablebags.com/facts.php
This article was originally published on Friday April 9th by our team member Roxy on her blog Transforming Dinner . Roxy keeps up with two Etsy shops : Woofbark and Giggling Gnome. (Check out this item made from birch bark, just beautiful!) She addressed the issue of the overuse of plastic bags well, and our dependence on petroleum based products has taken on even more significance in the past several weeks with the millions of gallons of oil spewing uncontrollably into the Gulf of Mexico.
We can help reduce our need for oil and the danger it poses to our environment if each of us does the little things that all add up!
2,410 total views, 4 views today