2010 has been an amazing year for Team Eco Etsy.
We started the year with new leaders and new editors in March, along with a new home for our awesome blog.
We’ve had some changes along the way with even newer editors joining us for the blog and changes in some leadership positions too. I am so grateful to be in the company of enthusiastic leaders and creative editors who work tirelessly for the team. And without them, our team wouldn’t have had the successes we’ve had this year.
And then, of course, there is YOU, the readers of our blog. We would not write articles, feature Eco Etsy Team members, showcase eco friendly handmade goodies and share tips and tutorials if it wasn’t for your readership. And for that, we sincerely appreciate your support and comments. Keep reading. Keep encouraging us. Keep leaving us messages here. We love ‘em all!
Last but not the least, our Team Eco Etsy members…
Team is only as good as its members and without your dedication, enthusiasm, contribution and participation, Team Eco Etsy wouldn’t be as successful as we are today. And thanks to you, we accomplished some great events this year!
- We currently have 321 members that include 95 new members who joined us during the New Membership Drives held in March and November.
- We established team membership guidelines in order to be more selective in admitting like-minded members with similar missions regarding the environment.
- Earth Day Auction – raised and donated $445.53 to World Wildlife Fund in April.
- Green Holiday Giveaway – held in Nov/Dec and gave away over $650 worth of eco handmade goodies to six very lucky winners.
Eco Etsy Featured on Etsy:
We were featured in two articles on Etsy and it really made the team stand out in the Etsy community. Your comments and the contribution to the articles were vital in making them as informative as they were. We received so many inquiries about the team as a result. Your green ideas were ‘right on’ and stirred up some serious green thoughts within the Etsy community. I can’t wait to write more articles like these in the future for different media outlets and I’ll be sure to ask you for your input.
We moved the blog to a new platform and added the following features in addition to the awesome existing sections such as Theme Nominations, Member Features, and Eco Tips and Tutorials.
- News and Views (Mondays)
- Business Tips (Fridays)
- Eco Etsy in pictures – Flickr Collage of the team’s handmade goodies (Saturdays)
- Eco-Kids (Saturdays)
- Twitter: followers continue to grow and currently have 4626 followers and growing.
- Facebook: fans have more than doubled from 600’s to over 1260 fans and growing.
2010 was definitely a very busy year for the team.
But… but… but……wait until you see what we have in store for 2011.
Looking Ahead to Year 2011
In addition to the above successful events, and without giving away the fun details, we will be involved with some new team-wide events in 2011.
And they are,
- Eco Friendly Gift S*** in January
- Team -Wide Me*** U* in Summer of 2011
- Member-to-Member Men****** Program
Aren’t they exciting? Sorry for the encrypted message but I couldn’t share the details until, well, I am ready to unveil them. But don’t worry. They are all eco-friendly and fun team-wide events that everyone can enjoy and participate. I am so excited about them and can’t wait to start planning them with you. In fact, I expect 100% participation from all of you! So make sure to look out for the team’s Yahoo Group announcements.
On that note, I would like to THANK YOU and express my deepest gratitude for your involvement with the Team Eco Etsy. You are truly the envy of all Etsy teams, are model environmentalists and the most talented handmade artists. And most of all, …. true team players. Without your love and support, this team would not have been as much fun to lead. And for that, I really appreciate and love you all.
Have a blessed, healthy, and kick ass NEW YEAR!!
And thank you for keeping it green!!
Your Humble Team Captain
107 total views, 3 views today