Before I share how to make some cool things with glass jars and lids, I have to tell you that our little Eco Etsy blog was listed in “Who’s Who” of green crafting blogging world. In this recent list by, Accredited Degree Online blog, Eco Etsy was listed among the top Green Crafting Blogs. And we are hobnobbing with other green crafting gurus like Craftzine and Crafting a Green World in the same room. Yay Team Eco Etsy!
On that note, here is another green craft tutorial and my list of 6 different ways to upcycle glass jars and lids.
I collect too many glass jars. I think I need a twelve step program. I collect all shapes and sizes. In fact, I collect so many that I end up recycling some of them ever so often. But the lids are NOT recyclable in my town. Aluminum foil is recyclable but glass jar lids are not. Go figure. So what do I do with them? I collect them to make these ornaments and refrigerator magnets. The ornaments are great as stocking stuffers, gifts for family, and even gift tags.
So from these………
You can make….
1. Photo Christmas Ornaments – these glass lid photo ornaments are so easy to make that you’ll use up all your saved lids and wished you had more.
2. And Refrigerator Photo Magnets like these……
3. You can use the whole jar, lids and all, to make, Soap Dispensers, with just a few household tools.
4. I was trying to find glycerin to make these lovely Martha Stewart’s Snow Globes, but I couldn’t find it in my local pharmacy. But if I find it, you know I’ll be making these until I can line up all the windowsills in my house with these. How cute are they?
5. But if I can’t make snow globes, I can always make these Mason Jar Candle Holders and put them on my window sills, away from the curtains, of course. They’ll make great Christmas decorations, don’t you think? And in summer time, I can hang them outside in the patio. Cool!
6. Or a real hardwired Kara Paslay Designs’ chandeliers, if I am feeling really, really, REALLY industrious.
Ok, this chandelier might be a little over the top for me for now but photo ornaments are easy enough to make.
So what are you waiting for? Head on over and make some for your Christmas tree.
Have you made any fun projects with glass jars?
11,650 total views, 16 views today