is 41 years old this year.
As our annual celebration, we will be sharing seed packets in our “Green Share” efforts with our community.
What is Green Share?
Green Share is sharing of a gift of seeds and a starter planter that is given freely to classrooms, local businesses, neighbors, friends and family. The gift can be anonymous or can help show your business or organization’s commitment to Eco-Friendly living.
Why Participate in Green Share?
Green Share is an effort that members of the EcoEtsy team are participating in â€“ but we welcome you to join us!
If you want to show your support of Earth Day and green living, you can share see packets with your community. The benefits of participating are numerous:
- All the materials you need to get started are free â€“ just download and assemble. This makes a great classroom project, or something to do with your kids for Earth Day.
- Giving within your own community helps support change at the heart of where we live. Supporting our community has nothing but positive benefits â€“ especially when green growing things are involved!
- Businesses and organizations can gift Green Share seed packets & planters as a way to get the word out about their own efforts.
Of course, there are more benefits but basically, participating is a fun, fulfilling way to make a difference this Earth Day.
There really isn’t much work involved in putting the Green Share seed packets together. Here are the very basic steps to start with â€“ expand on them, mix them up, and generally tailor them to suit your own personal style.
- Make a seed envelope â€“ Use any type of envelopes and make a pattern and print it out.
- Add Seeds â€“ Pour about a tablespoon of seeds (use anything you like! â€“ go crazy with vegetable seeds that will keep giving through the summer, flower seeds to brighten your community, or anything else you like) into the open end of the seed packet. Glue the top flap down and seal well.
- Print Gift Notes (optional) â€“ If you would like, you can print out and trim the matching gift notes to include with your Green Share seed packets or sets.
- Pair it Up & Gift Away! â€“ All that’s left is to place the Green Share seed packet into a small planter and give it away in honor of Earth Day.
Let’s spread the message about Earth Day by sharing seeds with our communities across the world. It’s a great way to meet our neighbors and share our mission. And if you do, let us know and we will feature your story!!
And now, introducing…
We are so excited to start the
Handmade for Earth Day Auction!
…thanks to the generous donations
from participating Team Eco Etsy members
Your donations will be catalogued and grouped for the auction by our hard working coordinators,
Susan of MonkeysOnTheRoof
Elsje of Picky
All proceeds will be donated to
Habitat for Humanity of Japan
Handmade for Earth Day Auction begins next Monday, April 4, 2011.
Make sure to stop by to bid on some awesome eco-goodies by Eco Etsy Team members!!
*Special thanks goes to Minna of Karuski for all the graphics for the Earth Day Auction!
11 total views, 4 views today