As the summer winds down, parents are preparing to buy supplies for the new school year as kids are still trying to enjoy the last few weeks of summer vacation. And if you are like most of parents, you must have received “the list” of items to send with your child on the first day back to school and you are getting a tad bit stressed out.
Well, don’t sweat. Back to school shopping is far less stressful if you know where to look for eco-friendly supplies! Yes, I’m talking about Etsy, of course.
But first, keep the following tips in mind when shopping for supplies.
- Don’t over buy. You can always refill during the school year so don’t buy more than you need and reduce waste.
- Don’t buy hand sanitizers with Triclosan or Alcohol. Send natural hand wipes that do not contain antibacterial agents.
- Send tissue box made with recycled paper.
- Use non-plastic and non-PVC (vinyl) supplies
- Send upcycled crayons (see below)and don’t buy new box of Crayola.
- Try to buy recycled paper products as much as possible.
- Use reusable sandwich/snack bags instead of plastic ziplock baggies.
Here are awesome eco-firendly supplies from Team Eco Etsy to get you started.
1. Upcycled paper wrapped pencils by LizOhsiekDesigns
2. Hand printed and bound eco-friendly notebook by MonkeyDogStudio
3. Eco Friendly Crayons by Earth Grown Crayons
4. Reusable snack bag by A Thread of Grace
5. Upcycled t-shirt drawstring bag by FashionGreenTbag
Have you started shopping for back to school yet?
First Image by KB35 via Flickr
1,624 total views, 3 views today