It’s that time of year again. You know it well, parties and get togethers every weekend, the stress of keeping up with orders, the crowds everywhere. Add the cold, damp weather plus an airplane ride or two and you’ve got a recipe for disaster. While nothing is foolproof, here are a few tips to staying healthy during the holiday season:
1. Give your immune system a boost. Echinacea taken for short periods has been shown to help prevent colds, while Garlic and Turmeric both act as natural antibiotics. Add a little Ginger or Ginseng to your tea for bonus anti-inflammatory and digestive health boosts.
2. Wash your hands. Often. There’s no need to use antibacterial soaps, but frequent hand washing and avoiding touching your face when out in public are keys to not spreading germs. If you find yourself in a position to need hand washing with no sink in sight, try keeping a bottle of homemade natural hand sanitizer in your bag.
(make it using 1/4 cup each of aloe vera gel, witch hazel and about 20 drops each of tea tree and lavender oils. or, support a teamie and buy a few bottles here:
3. Get some sleep. Ok, yeah, I hear y’all laughing, but seriously, try?
4. Get some exercise. I’m a fan of yoga during these crazy times, but really anything will do as long as it gets you out of your headspace for 20 minutes or so.
5. At the end of that day, remember you did the best you could. If you’re not sure it was enough, remember Scarlett’s immortal words:
If you have a favorite remedy or are a teamie with a helpful product for sale, please post in comments!
23 total views, 1 views today