It seems like it was just yesterday when I wrote the Eco-Friendly year 2011 in Review for Eco Etsy but another busy year has passed and we had another incredible year for me to recap for you.
We are a socially active bunch with a continuous following on social media. We are loved by environmentally conscientious followers and fans. We learn so much from them but we are happy to be able to share what we know about our planet with them as well.
As of today, we have…
- 362 dedicated members on Etsy. We opened our team for open enrollment but Tiffany and Lila have been very diligent in admitting only those who meet our astringent criteria. And we are really lucky to have them process the new members.
- Facebook: over 3193 fans.
- Twitter: 9572 followers and growing.
- Pinterest: over 1614 followers
We are honored to have loyal followers and fans across the social media and look forward to sharing what we love about the planet. We’ve doubled in followers and fans and we couldn’t be more thrilled. It feels warm and fuzzy to be loved, doesn’t it?
2012 In Review…
- Gift Swap – We had a fun team oriented event again, swapping gifts, in January. We had an opportunity to exchange eco-goodies among talented teammates and we hope to do it again in 2013.
- Handmade for Earth Day Auction – Donated $580 to The National Park Foundation, a non-profit organization that works hard to preserve our national parks across the country.
- Martha Stewart Dreamers into Doers – I was so honored to present at the Dreamers into Doers event at Martha Stewart’s Headquarters in March on “How to Green Your Business and Save Money“. The whole team contributed in making 100 Swag Bags and a huge hug goes to Linda Everett of Linda Eve for helping me with the presentation and making the pattern for the swag bags. This incredible feat could not have been possible without the support from the entire team and I was proud to present on behalf of Eco Etsy.
- Practically Green – Our team members were invited to join this awesome gaming website that tracks our eco habits by accumulating points. PG created a special platform for the team to use so we can give feedback and share the website with everyone. We even had informal monthly contests to see who accumulates most points for their eco-actions within the team. It’s a wonderful tool for anyone to keep track what green actions they take daily and what more they can do to improve.
- Enchanted Makeovers – we’ve worked with Enchanted Makeovers before when we donated handmade journals that we made during our first meet up in 2011. Again, we contributed to this awesome organization that helps women shelters and donated eco-goodies for the “She is Me” event silent auction in August to raise money for their new headquarters.
- Blog – team’s blog has grown to having over 25 writers contribute on a daily basis. Pageviews continue to grow and it needs occasional back-end maintenance attention, so we are lucky to have the guidance of techy geek Myra of Herban Luxe to oversee the team’s blog. And with new writers and dedicated seasoned old timers, we are fortunate to be greeted with new and exciting content daily. Thank You! Y’all rock!
Whew! 2012 was indeed a very busy year for us, wasn’t it? 2012 was also a bittersweet year for me as I had to step down as the co-captain, after three very fulfilling years. I learned so much from this awesome team and I continue to be amazed at the knowledge the team members share on a daily basis. But like life, everything must come to an end and my leadership had to come to a close also. I’d like to think we’ve accomplished everything I planned and more. I will continue to support every opportunity that’s in store for the team and I am delighted to pass on the baton to a very capable co-captain, Lori of Drinks to Design. I hope you will join me in working with Lori in making this team even better and greener!
Here is to your health, joy and success in 2013!
1,185 total views, 4 views today