Today’s craft post is courtesy of Cat Ivens of Olive Bites.
Many people in different areas of the country and world may be trying to figure out this spring what to do with all the trees that have been felled from storms in the past year.
A couple easy-peasy projects are a little side table and chalkboard sign!
DIY Side Table
You will need : a log cut to level, a drill, 4 swivel casters from the hardware store, screws, screwdriver and marking pen.
1. Lay out your swivels fairly close to the edges of the log
2. Mark your drill holes (I actually skipped this step and just drilled through the casters)
3. Drill your screw holes
4. Screw on your casters
5. Flip your table – voila!
BONUS PROJECT : WELCOME SIGN
Using a slice of wood, a round template and some chalkboard paint – you can make an easy peasy, changeable, chalkboard welcome sign for your front door.
1. Just trace a round template with your marking pen
2. Paint 3-4 coats of chalkboard paint, allowing to dry between each coat
3. Add your welcome (or warning!)
You can find Cat by using the following link:
Olive Bites Studio