Happy New Year to All!! Each year, we take stock of the things that we accomplished over the past year. In 2013, Team EcoEtsy continued to grow and evolve. As a team we donated 15 handmade baby blankets to Enchanted Makeovers,.
I asked some of my EcoEtsy team members to share some of their greatest accomplishments of 2013 and this is what they shared:
Armelle of PurePixie
At the end of 2012 I moved my shop from California to France. This has been a far higher step than expected but to my great surprise PurePixie’s sales kept on increasing in 2013. I feel so grateful for it.
Nancy of SoulRole
This has been an interesting year for my shop with many wonderful highlights.I hit a big milestone in my shop back in the fall when I had my 1000th sale!I never would have imagined when I opened my shop two years ago that I would have had 1,000 sales in two years!
Talulah of TLALA
I would like to share that in addition to my homegrown packing materials and repurposed labels, I now use biodegradable shipping envelopes from EcoEnclose based in Colorado.
In addition to the improved shipping at TLALA, I opened a second shop called Lotus Pads in February 2013. This was a no brainer decision following the realization that the eco savvy, reusable cloth pads I had available at TLALA are different enough from jewelry to really skew my SEO stats and search rank. After eight months of diligent work with eco branding and website design, I discovered there was another company using the same name. So I have been rebranding my entire selection of Lotus Pads with a new label, which is WomanlyRoots.
Some additional exciting news at TLALA is improved high quality photography taken with my first Android phone. This 8 megapixel camera not only enables me to create more attractive and detailed listings, but also to share with my customers more about my creative process. Through social media hubs like twitter, instagram, rebel mouse, Facebook and tumbler people can now follow WomanlyRoots for a close, behind the scenes look at my inspirations and step by step production.
It has been a magical year full of rewarding creativity and many valuable lessons as well. I am excited to discover what unfolds for my eco-friendly passions this coming 2014.
Cory of AquarianBath
In 2013, Aquarian Bath reached the 6000 sales mark on Etsy. We began offering Organic cotton and hemp flaxseed pillows. We also purchased biodegradable cellophane bags to use as a plastic free alternative for packaging our flaxseed pillows. We will begin updating our product listings to include this packaging option in 2014.
Kelly of GrowingUpWild
Some of my milestones for Growing Up Wild this year were:
- Having a pair of my organic baby shoes featured in the September edition of Parenting magazine
- Added my organic top-knot baby headbands to my line which are now one of my best sellers
- Reached 2,000 sales
- Added 10 stores in the US to my wholesale client list
- added a few wood toys to my product line for when I need a break from the sewing machine
- A big one for me was figuring out how to do all of this AND get more sleep. I used to work at night until 1 or 2 in the morning but then slept terribly as the creative process always makes me so alert. I know go to bed at 8:30 every night and get up at 4:00 to get my work time in before my boys wake up. My husband and I have also set a schedule that allows me to work uninterrupted for an hour each day when he gets home from work. This sounds small but it has been huge for my mental and physical health!
Myra of HerbanLuxe
As for me, In 2013, HerbanLuxe reached a milestone of 1,000 sales and over 1,600 Facebook Fans. I also introduced two DIY Kits that have become very popular and my vegan waterproof mascara continues to be my top seller. I started off 2014, by introducing a new Refer-a-Friend program and plan to share my experience with all of you.
Now it’s time to begin planning for 2014! Let’s make this year awesome!
1,350 total views, 2 views today