Welcome to Team Eco Etsy!
This blog is a cooperative effort of Team EcoEtsy members, providing eco-news, eco-tips, member features, eco-friendly creations, how-to’s and EcoEtsy news! Our eco-goodies are sold on Etsy, and can be found by doing a team tag search for “TeamEcoEtsy“.
As a global team of eco-minded Etsy sellers, our mission is dedicated to protecting our planet by utilizing methods to reduce carbon footprints in managing our businesses and leading our personal lives in the most eco-friendly manner. We are just as determined to use recycled materials in our creations as we are about recycling packaging materials. We take the safety of the environment in mind in the way that we manage our businesses and create our items. We strive to grow as a team that focuses on promoting eco-living in our personal lives as well as in our businesses, and educating others about the importance of being environmentally responsible.
Members of EcoEtsy work together to:
- Raise funds for non-profit organizations, through auctions, sales, etc.
- Find attractive ways to reuse packaging materials
- Find promotional materials that are Eco-friendly
- Promote Etsy through the creative reuse and labeling of packaging
- Actively participate in the team’s forums to communicate.
- Educate buyers and sellers on the importance of being eco-friendly
Â Membership Info
*Please read the qualification below and if you qualify, please go to the Eco Etsy’s team page Â to apply.
You can apply to be a member of Team Eco Etsy if you:
- Are a seller on Etsy with at least 5 items for sale with minimum 5 positive feedback rating.
- Have similar mission as the team’s mission regarding the environment and Etsy shop.
- Practice eco-friendly crafting and creating, incorporating sustainability into the businessÂ by having at least 75%of the items that are: (any of the methods below)
- Recycled (i.e. plastic bags, glass, or any type of ‘recycled’ resources)
- Repurposed or upcycled (re-using any resources to make newly designed items)
- Reusable (any items that will replace disposable items)
- Sustainable and Safe Ingredients (natural, organic, wool, un-dyed, hemp, jute, etc…)
- Vintage (any items that are 20 years or older – according to Etsy’s guidelines)
*Note: If you sell health and beauty products, your shop will be reviewed by the membership committee and a “Health and Beauty” panel before the decision is made. We may ask you for additional information regarding your ingredients to be thorough.
In addition, as a member, you must:
- Join the team’s official Google Group – our main communication platform – first before we acceptÂ you on Etsy.
- Participate or contribute in at least two events or for the team’s blog.
- Attend on-line meeting/chat at least once a year.
- State “Proud member of Team EcoEtsy” on the “Profile” section in Etsy shop.
- Tag eco-friendly items with “teamecoetsy“
Please check the following links for more information about Team Ecoetsy membership
Please contact the team Captain for any additional information about joining Team Eco Etsy.